Ms. J. Williams,Teacher
Theme: Becoming A Better Writer!
GRADE 6 students will create a Poster for an Event or Product.
Details to include:
1) Name of the event or Product
2) Catchy title or phrases
3) 3-4 pictures from magazine, newspaper, internet or drawings that relates to their event/product
4) Event location, time and place, event sponsors,
Rubric Score - range from 0-5 for 4 areas = 4x5= 20 x5=100
1. All required elements are evident
2. Layout of the poster clearly reflects its purpose and space is approriately used for words/phrases and visuals.
3. 3-4 Photos/Drawings used all relate to the event/product
4. Captions and words show creative effort with varied font size and color
NOTE: 5 Bonus Points for effective use of computer/technology
PARENTS! Please note grades 7 & 8 have been assigned a visual presentation poster board. Students were given time to start on this as of 11/13/17.
4 Writing Assignments from the 1st Trimester will be used to guide them in their creative presentation.
Grade 7 - "Me, Myself, and I"
1. Personal Mimic
2. Wishes/ Dreams
3. Story of My Name
4. My Room
Grade 8 - "The Me Nobody Knows"
1. "Me" Likes & Dislikes Cluster Web
2. Life Events (turning points)
3. Wishes / Dreams
4. Story of My Name
Poster board no larger than 22 x 28
Pictures and/or drawings from magazines, newspaper, internet, etc.
Layout is creative with use of different font size and styles
Pictures are displayed neatly and relates to the writng drafts
Scoring: Rubirc score from 0-4 for 5 areas = 20 x 5 = 100
0-4 All areas are present on the board.
0-4 All items are neatly displayed and pictures and/or drawings relates to writing drafts.
0-4 There is evidence of creativity through layout, use of color and different font size and/or styles or writing.
0-4 Use of computer/technology is evident.
0-4 Overal presentation is pleasing to the eye space is used wisely, and words are spelled correctly.
- Next >>